Saturday 4 September 2010

Reflections on NAWWA 2010

At NAWWA we looked on Wednesday night at:


"The thieft comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come that they might have life and have it to the full." [John 10:10].

And I just wonder how many of us realize the significance of that verse and the commitment we made as a community that night?

Just to re-jog our memories we stood together as a people to commit to become a John 10:10 people. We committed to loving and serving each other in love to bring out the life to the full that Jesus gives us. We committed together to seeking the life that Jesus offers and as a group shunning the ways of the thief. We stood, and the Holy Spirit fell, leading relationships to be rebuilt, tears to fall and a huge sense of refreshment in the group. The difference that night and the next day was almost scary - we felt like a 1 Corinthians 12 (body of Christ) community -twas awesome!

However NOW is where the rubber meets the road. Now is where it really matters. Now is where the commitment becomes real - where we have to live it out.

So I want all of us at Caleb Club (leaders included) to be asking ourselves some deep questions:

  • am I serving the community by my attitudes outside Caleb Club?
  • am I loving other Caleb Clubbers by how I speak?
  • am I seeking Jesus in the lives of my fellow Caleb Clubbers?
  • am I a transparent and open friend?
  • do I care more about my relationship with Jesus than I do about my self-image?
  • do I say the same things to peoples faces as I do behind their backs?
  • do I have faith that God can move mountains at Caleb Club?
  • do I want Caleb Club full of those who are dedicated to seeking Jesus or would I rather it just be a 'me and my friends' youth-club?
  • do I love Jesus more than anything else?
  • am I becoming more or less like Jesus in my thought life?
  • am I becoming more or less like Jesus in how I speak to others/about others?

I know these are hard questions, and none of them are meant to be accusatory, but I think its important that if we are truly going to make a commitment before God to become the community He wants us to be then we need to follow up and seek change in our lives. And if we do, then I believe God will truly honor this and we will see John 10:10 - life to the full - community at Caleb Club. Lets commit to this journey together!

0 comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online